Gallery Q gathers information about individuals in order to provide certain products and services such as: mailing lists and to enable certain functions on this website. We collect analytical information (log files) to better understand how visitors use this website.
What we gather data for
We may collect the following information:
- Contact details (such as email address and telephone number)
- Demographic information (such as postcode, preferences, and interests)
- Other information pertaining to surveys and special offers
- Details of your purchase to enable us to process it
- Website usage data
Please note that no credit or debit card details are held by Gallery Q.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps Gallery Q understand what you are looking for from us, and how we can deliver improved services.
Specifically, we may use the data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the services we provide
- To add personal details to a mailing list (Gallery Q uses Mailchimp, an online service to which names & email addresses are uploaded)
- To contact an individual in response to a specific enquiry
- To send an individual promotional emails or mailings about Gallery Q services we think might be of interest
- To contact an individual for market research purposes
How we use log files and cookies
Log files allow us to record visitors’ use of the website. We use Google Analytics to analyse anonymous user details from our website which we can then use to make changes to the site’s layout to improve the user experience. They also give us useful information about how visitors use the website and interact with it. Log files do not contain any personal information and cannot access a user’s computer.
Cookies The purpose of a cookie is very similar to that of a log file, except that it is a small file placed on the user’s hard drive that then enables Gallery Q’s website to identify the user’s computer as different pages are viewed on Gallery Q’s website. Log files give basic information; cookies can give more detailed information.
How Cookies are Used
- Analyse web traffic (by using an analytics package – Google Analytics in this case).
- To recognise if you return to Gallery Q’s website.
Cookies do not provide Gallery Q with access to a user’s computer, or any information about the user other than that which you share with the company.
Controlling information about you
When an individual provides their details to Gallery Q at an exhibition, event, or via Gallery Q’s website (by registering to our news and events mailing list), they have opted in to receive further details about future exhibitions, events, projects and services provided by Gallery Q. If this is the case, and that individual decides they no longer want to be on Gallery Q’s mailing list/s, they can be unsubscribed or removed easily by:
- Sending an email with their details and a request to be removed from the mailing list to email@example.com
- Writing to Gallery Q, 160 Nethergate, Dundee, DD1 4DU.
- Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of all Gallery Q emailed mailings.
Gallery Q will never lease, distribute or sell personal information to third parties unless the owner’s consent has been given or it is required by law.
Any personal information held by Gallery Q is stored and processed under the company’s Data Protection Policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from Gallery Q website
Gallery Q’s website contains links to other websites. Gallery Q has no control of websites outside the www.galleryq.co.uk domain. If a user provides information to a website to which Gallery Q links, Gallery Q is not responsible for its protection and privacy. It is good practice to be wary when supplying information to websites and check their data protection and privacy policies fully.